Vaadin framework is a java web framework for building web applications rapidly. The final outcome is really nice and the coding style resembles java swing. You can even find a recent comparison of the most popular java web frameworks here. So in this article we will see how we can build a vaadin web application […]
Spring is an open source application framework and IoC (inversion of control) container for the Java platform. More details and a detailed explanation of IoC or Dependency Injection (as IT community decided to call it) can be found in this article by Martin Fowler. In this article I want to talk about how spring uses […]
Hibernate is a really cool ORM tool that can be used from a Java project , as an intermediate layer between our project and the underlying database. In this example I will use MySql as the underlying database, although any database can be used to support our application. The IDE that I will use is […]
Many users have a single operating system installed at their laptops and they don’t want to risk loosing their job by installing a second operating system (especially these users that rely on one single internal hard drive). So here is a way to install a popular linux distribution called arch-linux , on a usb flash […]
NetBeans is a really great tool that can help on the rapid development of Java Web Applications or Java Desktop Applications, with a great community and many fans (mostly Java Developers). This article discusses upon a specific flow that I have found, that seems to be a bug inherited from earlier versions of Netbeans IDE. […]
The simplest way to use regular expressions is when we search for a single word. For this article , we’ll use the command line tool called ‘egrep’ (egrep is available for many systems, like DOS, Windows, MacOS and Unix) So let’s say that we have a file called article1.txt like this : We want to […]
- Variable Interpolation This is a classic between many programming languages. When we use a double quoted string, for every variable that we put inside the string , we get variable’s value as part of the output when we execute our script. For example : #!/usr/bin/perl #script1 use 5.012; my $name = “Stavros”; print “My […]
As I was working using firefox I noticed the appearance of the well known ‘beach ball’ that shows that the operating system is struggling to acquire resources. Immediately I ran Activity Monitor to see what is going on. Here is the situation that I’ve got : Then I stopped all running applications and […]
A classic way in python to sort a list is by using the sort() function. For example if we have a list >>> x = [3, 8, 4, 2, 9] …we can use sort() like this… >>> x.sort() >>> x [2, 3, 4, 8, 9] As you can see our list is now sorted. […]
Today we’ll see how to run our first program from the command line. First we should be in our home directory. To do that type : > echo $HOME In my case, executing this command has the following result: /Users/myUserName Now we must select a directory for the script we want to execute. When […]
- Vaadin Framework January 3, 2014
- Spring Aop (Part 1) May 14, 2013
- Hibernate caching feature and how to use it March 15, 2013
- Run Arch-Linux from a flash drive December 6, 2012
- NetBeans tips February 2, 2012
- A great tool called ‘Regular Expressions’ November 14, 2011
- Executing our first script October 15, 2011
- NetBeans tips February 2, 2012
- Hello world! October 10, 2011
- Mac OS Lion 10.7.2 memory problems October 21, 2011
- Daniel: Hi, You mentioned you transfered the following ...
- webhosting forum: Niezly wpis , podobne tematy poruszalem na forum w...
- Myles: Thanks for posting this.. It's been a pleasure to...
- バーバリー コート アウトレット: Hey. Very nice blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderfu...
- Melani Arflack: I see something genuinely special in this site....
Follow @skiabox on Twitter